I had a few old candles that could no longer burn well, but had enough wax left to want to keep. I read somewhere that it was easy to melt down candles and pour them into new vessels, so I gave it a whirl.
I had so little red wax left that the other colors overpowered it! I ended up mixing together a different green shade and a cream shade for the top layer, thinking it would be lighter green- it unfortunately turned out brown :( It was my first time doing this, so I'll know better for next time.
The finished first candle, ready for December :)
One tip I would offer: Don't use plastic to melt or pour the wax- all the glass bowls I used cleaned up nicely, but the plastic measuring cup I used to pour the melted was was a pain to clean! I got it all out, but scratched my Pampered Chef measuring cup in the process :(
Happy Candle Making