Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Oat Bran Pancakes with Stevia

On New Year's Day I made some delicious sugar-free pancakes using Stevia (again, I'm sure you are noticing a trend here).  I didn't actually have oat bran but I used ground up oats (using my food processor) instead.


   Ana Gourmet: Oat Bran Pancakes


(Sally's notes in Red)
Ingredients

        1 cup oat bran (I used ground up whole oats)
        1 cup whole wheat flour
        1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
        1 teaspoon baking soda
        1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
        1/8 teaspoon salt
        1 cup Almond Breeze non-dairy beverage
        1 cup water
        1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used melted coconut oil)
        2 teaspoons vanilla extract
        1 teaspoon maple extract ( not maple syrup) (I used almond extract)
        3 teaspoons liquid stevia, extract ( or 3 packets of powdered stevia extract) (I used about 3/8 tsp. powdered stevia, or three little scoops using the included scoop in my Trader Joe's stevia)

Directions

    Put a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
    Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add all of the wet ingredients and whisk only until all ingredients are wet.
    Pour about 4 tablespoons of batter into the frying pan. Wait until bubbles form in the middle of the pancake and flip it over with a spatula. Cook until underside is golden brown and remove from pan. Repeat with remaining batter. 






For the topping, I mixed some fresh sliced strawberries with about 2T. water and a dash of stevia.  I didn't use any syrup!  The whipped cream is only 1g of sugar per T. so I only used a couple on top :)

Enjoy your breakfast
 ~Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment